Why need iPhone to PC transfer software?
You may need to transfer data from your iPhone to your computer for the following reasons:
- Backup important data. Worried about data loss due to upgrade or other reasons, so want to transfer the data to computer.
- Free up storage space. You want to transfer some files from iPhone to PC and then delete them from iPhone to free up space.
- Share files with others. You want to transfer some music files to your friend’s computer.
iTunes and iCloud are the default iOS iPhone data management tools. However, their limitations may frustrate you.
- iTunes does not support iPhone to PC transfer. The File Sharing of iTunes can only help you transfer files created by Keynote, Numbers, Pages, Kindle.
- You can first upload data from iPhone to iCloud and then download data from iCloud to computer. However, it only offers 5 GB of free storage space, which may not enough to store all the data you want to transfer.
Therefore, iPhone to PC transfer software is needed. With iPhone to PC transfer software, you can easily transfer photos, songs, contacts, etc. in a few clicks.
What’s the best iPhone to PC transfer software?
If you want to easily transfer data from iPhone to PC, then FoneTool is highly recommended. It’s one professional iPhone data transfer tool for Windows 11/10/8/7, which supports data transfer between iPhone and computer. With FoneTool, you can easily transfer photos, videos, songs and contacts from iPhone to PC.
- Preview and select the files you need. It will list the data on your device for you to choose from.
- Fast transfer speed. Its transfer speed is ahead of other software on the market.
- Do no harm to quality. For example, it can help you transfer full resolution photos from iPhone to PC.
- Full compatibility. It supports all iPhone models including the latest iPhone 14 and works well with all iOS versions.
With the user-friendly interface, it’s only a matter of a few clicks to transfer data from iPhone to PC. Just keep reading to see how to use this tool.
How to use iPhone to PC transfer software
Here is an example of how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC with FoneTool.
Step 1. Run FoneTool > Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable.
Notes: FoneTool can also help you transfer data from iPhone to flash drive and external hard drive. If you want to transfer pictures from iPhone to flash drive, please plug in your flash drive.
Step 2. After FoneTool recognizes your device, choose Phone Transfer > Go to iPhone to PC and click Start Transfer.
Step 3. Choose the files you want to transfer to computer.
Step 4. Click Start Transfer > Select a storage path and adjust other settings > Click Transfer.
Other useful features of FoneTool
- FoneTool supports data transfer between iPhone and computer. If needed, you can click PC to iPhone to transfer music from computer to iPhone. It will not erase any existing data on the device.
- FoneTool supports not only data transfer, but also data backup. If you want to backup iPhone to computer without iTunes, you can go to Phone Backup to backup the whole iPhone or only selected files.
Perhaps by comparing them, you can better appreciate the benefits of transfer software. Below are the steps to transfer data from iPhone to PC with iTunes and iCloud.
Transfer data from iPhone to PC with iTunes
You can only transfer files created by some apps.
Step 1. Launch iTunes and plug in your iPhone.
Step 2. Click the Device tab > Choose File Sharing > Select an app > Choose the files you need and click Save.
Step 3. Select a storage path and click Save.
Transfer data from iPhone to PC with iCloud
You should first turn on iCloud sync on iPhone and then go to iCloud.com on PC to download them.
Step 1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Turn on Photos or other options.
Step 2. On your computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in > find and download the files you need.
As you can see, iTunes and iCloud can only help you transfer certain type of data. In addition, the transfer process is kind of complicated. With FoneTool, you can simply plug in your iPhone and start the transfer.
Many businesses use online file transfer services to securely send sensitive documents.